Board Certified Periodontist and Dental Implant Specialist
Dr Rahmani is a nationally recognized as America’s Top Periodontist, one of the best periodontal specialists in the region. He is an award winning periodontist, dentistry expert and contributor to a prominent media outlets. Dr. Rahmani provides a full range of periodontal procedures to treat conditions that affect your:
- Facial bones
- Cementum, the material that holds your teeth to your gums
- Periodontal ligaments
Periodontal Treatment Options in NYC
In addition to bi-annual cleanings by the best periodontist in NYC, you may need further treatment options. Only a qualified periodontist NYC can determine the best course of treatment for you, some of options can include:
- Laser therapy. This care involves the use of a laser to remove infected tissue around your gums. This procedure may reveal the roots of some teeth, which then are exposed for scaling (refer to the next step in the treatment process). Laser treatments require less downtime than using traditional dental instruments, and you don’t need any anesthesia because the procedure isn’t painful. Rely on an experienced NYC periodontist for laser treatment.
- Scaling and planing. Your periodontist NYC uses ultrasonic tools to remove the hardened calculus from the exposed roots. Planing is the process of smoothing out the rough edges, making it more difficult for bacteria to adhere to it. The gum pockets that held the bacteria now can heal properly and tightly, making it less likely that bacteria returns. For best results, however, you must maintain a healthy dental regimen at home and keep to a schedule of regular periodontal visits.
- Gum grafts. When bone and gum tissue have been destroyed, your top NYC periodontist may advise you to undergo guided tissue regeneration through the insertion of regenerative substances that encourage your body to naturally rebuild your gums. Alternatively, connective tissue may be grafted onto the exposed roots.
- Bone graft. Bone taken from another part of your body or from another donor is used to build up your jaw after it’s been worn away from persistent, unchecked periodontal disease. Grafts for deep pockets of bone loss may take as long as three to six months to fully heal.
- Dental implants. Dental implant procedures performed by the best periodontist in NYC often prove to be the gold standard in tooth replacement. Contemporary Periodontics is proud to offer single or multiple implants through its Midtown Manhattan office.
Dr. Rahmani is a board certified Manhattan periodontist and Dental Implant Specialist. Our state of the art facility equipped with […]Read More ›
Best rated periodontist in NYC Dr. Rahmani is a Board Certified Periodontist and Dental Implant Specialist. Our state of the […]Read More ›
Periodontist Taking Care of Your Gums
One of the very basic steps to detect and treat early gum disease is to have a professional cleaning every six months. A top periodontist NYC knows what to look for and takes gum disease very seriously. Your periodontist dental professional at Contemporary Periodontics & Implant Surgery in Manhattan checks for signs of gingivitis by thoroughly scraping away any tartar, which is actually hardened bacteria. Removing this tough substance, also called calculus, removes most of the infectious bacteria.
When tartar builds up around your gums, it requires the gentle touch of an experienced periodontist in New York who knows how to attack the errant bacteria and keep it at bay. Polishing your teeth creates a smoother surface, making it harder for bacteria to attach and grow. Catching the disease early not only stops its progression, but it also keeps it from recurring.
The best periodontist in NYC also measures the size of the gum pockets surrounding your teeth. When a measurement is greater than 5 millimeters, you may be a candidate for more aggressive treatments, which your trusted periodontist can perform during your visit. But your treatment starts by getting regular check-ups and cleanings every six months. That’s the best way to come to know and trust your periodontist NYC, Dr. Navid Rahmani.
Symptoms Worsen Over Time
In addition to bleeding gums, you may have noticed other symptoms. Bring them to the attention of your Manhattan periodontist so they can be monitored and treated promptly and appropriately. While early signs of gum disease rarely are painful, the symptoms you have that may indicate developing periodontal disease include:
- Sore gums
- Bleeding around your gums, especially when you brush
- Loose teeth
- Receding gums
- Persistent bad breath
Periodontist NYC Navid Rahmani warn once your condition has passed beyond the initial stages of simple gingivitis, your symptoms become more painful as periodontitis develops. Additional symptoms of the disease include:
- Sensitivity in your gums
- Loose teeth or teeth that fall out
- Pain when you chew
- Jaw pain due to temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Pain in your gums, even when not chewing
- Bite changes
- Bone loss in your upper or lower jaw
Only a trained periodontist like Dr. Rahmani can determine an accurate diagnosis and provide a proper periodontal treatment. For more information about the the services offered at Contemporary Periodontics and Implant Surgery or to schedule a consultation with the periodontist Dr. Rahmani, please contact our Upper East Side NYC office.